One of the reasons I (Jodie) am so in tune with my inner child is that I tend to stop and look at things and go “How ridiculous would it be if an adult just did that?!” Example: My neighbors 2 year old waddling out of the bathroom with her shorts around her ankles and just not caring!
I also think “that was so much more fun as a kid!” Example: BATH TIME! Adults never seem to have time for baths. It’s always a quick shower when the kids are napping, or simply the chore of keeping decent hygiene. Kids get hours of playtime while they get clean!
And now, I will share a craft with you to make bath time even better for them: BATHTUB CRAYONS!
What you will need:
-Your favorite bar soap
– Warm water
– Food coloring
– Bowls to work in
– Cheese grater
1. Grate your bar soap. Use as many bars as you want, the more you use, the more crayons you get.
2. Divide the soap flakes into as many bowls as you want. Each bowl will be used for a different crayon color.
3. Add a few drops of food coloring into each bowl. Slowly add the warm water and mix the mixture until you get a thick, doughy consistency. If you accidentally add too much water, and it gets too liquidy, don’t worry! – Just add more soap!
4. Mold the soap “dough” into crayon shapes, or get fancy and use cookie cutters to make shapes.
5. Place your new crayons in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
6. Let the crayons completely dry out for a day, maybe two, depending on your climate.
7. Let your kids draw all over the bathtub and tile walls. The more they play, the cleaner they get.
Disclaimer: This should not stain in any way, shape, or form. I would, however, strongly recommend testing a crayon out yourself before handing them over to the kids. Enjoy your test time…. A lot.