This is another craft sensation that is all over the internet. It’s fairly simple to make, easily customizable, and quite striking.
What You’ll Need:
- A canvas
- Hot glue
- A blow dryer
- A tarp/old newspaper in case of a mess
- Pick out the colors you want to use, and figure out your layout.
- Using the glue gun, adhere the crayons onto the canvas with the tips pointing down.
- Prop the canvas up, with tarp/newspaper under it.
- Use your hair dryer to melt the wax. Experiment with the setting to see which works the best for what you want. >>>WARNING: The wax CAN splatter, so make sure to protect the surrounding areas, and wear long sleeves just in case<<<
Here are some examples of variations of melted crayon art.
Black or colored canvas.
Cut out initials or shapes.
Use different shades of blue to create a rain or water effect.
Shades of green can create a grass effect.
And this one is just simply my favorite of all time.