Making these at home definitely takes away the fun of using those awesome 25¢ machines at the store, but it will add to your mad-scientist playtime.
What You’ll Need:
- Cups or bowls to mix in.
- Craft sticks to mix with
- Measuring spoons
- Borax (found in the laundry section of stores)
- Corn Starch
- Glue (standard Elmers’ or your favorite similar glue)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mix 2 tablespoons of hot water and 1/2 teaspoon Borax together until all Borax is dissolved.
- In a separate cup or bowl – mix 2 tablespoons of glue with some food coloring to get the color you’d like.
- Mix the colored glue and the water/Borax together.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix with a craft stick until it gets too hard to mix anymore.
- Take your gooey glue blob out and start kneading it into the shape of a ball. (It will be sticky, but the more you knead it, the more it will harden into a normal superball)
- HAVE. FUN.
PS. If left out, the ball will probably get misshappen, but you can always knead it back into a ball…or make a new one!