Oh my goodness…I’ve been sitting on a little secret for a few weeks now, and am SO, SO excited to finally be able to share some news! We are thrilled to announce that we’re new contributors to the amazingly creative kid-spiration site hello, Wonderful – and we’ve just shared our first free printable there – mini summer coloring books!
These DIY mini summer coloring books have 9 illustrated little pages to be colored-in or completed, 9 different book cover options, and a sheet of blank mini pages. They’re the perfect size to pack up for a road trip or restaurant dinner, would make the *most* fun summer party favors or activity, and are a classic lazy summer day boredom buster.
To make your own mini summer coloring books you’ll need:
- A few sheets of 8.5×11 heavy cardstock
- Our mini summer doodle books printable (via hello, Wonderful)
- Scissors or paper cutter
- A hole punch (I used a 1/8″ hole punch – one size smaller than standard)
- A blunt needle and embroidery floss, ribbon, hinged snap ring, etc. to bind your mini book
- Coloring supplies!
- A sheet of acetate or plastic sheet protector to make front/back covers or dry erase pages
- Color cardstocks, construction paper, or tracing paper for additional pages
When we shared these with Agnes, the founder and mastermind creative mom behind hello, Wonderful, she told us her daughter had even made an extra to give to a friend who was moving away – I mean, heart. melting. 🙂
They’re also extremely versatile – no time to bind into a book? No problem! Just print out the pages, cut them apart and throw into a bag with some crayons for easy entertainment anywhere!
Also, as a heads-up, every Friday they send an eye-popping digest of the projects, printables, recommendations and activities from their site. I’m extremely picky about the email subscriptions I sign up for – and this is consistently one on my favorites to receive. For anyone constantly on the lookout for new creative kids projects to try, I’d highly recommend it.