Somehow everybody seems to own at least one foam pool noodle, even if they don’t have a pool, or live near one. They’re cheap, take up awkward amounts of room, and usually sit in a corner collecting dust after just a few years of use.
With summer in full swing, we thought we’d share some of our favorite clever ideas to help you recycle those old pool noodles into decorative crafts, kids’ games, and activities, or even cute little play accessories and toys. Quite a few of these suggestions don’t even require cutting or altering the noodles, so you can use them one way, then change them up to turn them into something completely different!
For more adorable recycled kids crafts for summer play, save a peanut butter jar to make our kid-safe DIY camp lanterns, turn a shoebox in a nature explorer’s kit, or sew the cutest crab softie from recycled tee towels or shirts!
Recycled Pool Noodle DIY Ideas
- Make a super fun Bike Car Wash from Celebrate Always
- Create your own Giant Croquet Game from Inner Child Fun
- Build a gigantic Obstacle Course from Learn, Play, Imagine
- Make this adorable Hobby Horse from Just Add Confetti
- Make a cute set of Flower Bubble Wands from Create, Craft, Love
- Use a sliced pool noodle as a Race Track from Ramblings from Utopia
- Look forward to bath time with these little Pool Noodle Boats from Today’s Parent
- Fill an afternoon stamping with this easy and fun Roller Stamp from Wild Olive
- Decorate a party with these clever Pool Noodle Lollipops from Home and Family
- Make your own super cool set of Light Sabers from Muddy Boots Blog
- Build a super safe Pool Noodle Fire Pit from Home Made Mimi
- Add flair and whimsy to a summer party with a Jumbo Popsicle Garland from Oh Happy Day
Have we missed an awesome poodle noodle upcycle? Have a project you love that we should know about? Share it in the comments!!