As I was putting this post together, I asked a few of my fav Halloween-loving kids to pick their tops out of a pile example pics and these were the big winners! I had to agree that they were all super cute – and I also love that each one is simple enough for you to work on with your kids together.
- A DIY Unicorn Pumpkin from Lines Across
- Hello Kitty Pumpkins from hello, Wonderful
- Emoji Pumpkins from Brit & Co.
- Kawaii Mini Pumpkins from Ooly
Just like real-life, but WAY cuter! Food, plants – even office supplies get an awesome upgrade when reimagined as a pumpkin!
- Mini Pumpkin Donuts from Studio DIY
- Cactus Pumpkins from Aww, Sam
- Confetti Pumpkin from A Subtle Revelry
- Cheeseburger Pumpkin from Lily Shop
Itching to try out a new art medium – grab a pumpkin and go, Picasso! All 4 of these use unexpected materials to create unique works of art on a temporary canvas! It’s fun to watch kids work on something other than a flat sheet of paper, and the abstract “no-rules” element gives them the freedom to explore their wild side!
- A Watercolor Pumpkin from The Creative Orchard
- Mixed Media Collaged Pumpkin from me! 🙂 This doesn’t have a lot of fancy instructions, just mod-podge some paper scraps on, and play around with using different mediums (paint pens work really well, as do pastels that have been heated a little in a microwave!)
- Oil Pastel Patchwork Pumpkins from Aunt Peaches
- Tissue Paper Pumpkins from Fresh American Style
These are what I like to think of as minimum-effort, maximum-result punkin’s. Who else has put off carving a jack-o-lantern until the very last minute then felt extreme FOMO when they see the neighborhood filled with cute creations? Well, lust no more! Try out one of these, and in about 10 minutes you’ll have turned the tables, because ALL the neighbs will be jealous of these adorable gourds!
- Balloon-Dipped Pumpkins from Paper ‘n Stich
- Tattooed Pumpkins from Tattly
- DIY Woodland Creature Pumpkins from Simple As That
- Ghostly Ghourds from Parents Magazine
Love these ideas? Pin them for later!