No products in the cart.
A new year on the way – a new DIY art calendar printable! This annual tradition has become one of my very favorites. Every year I get messages or tags from families who have made these into absolute works of art, and it is honestly pure JOY to see.
These half-sized calendar pages are the perfect activity to put in a small bag with some crayons and throw into a backpack or purse for on-the-go art-making (a restaurant lifesaver)! And I always make sure to have the new year ready to release for the first week of December because they ALSO make wonderful kid-made gifts.
To make your own DIY art calendar you’ll need:
- 6 Sheets of card stock or thick paper
- Art supplies of your choice!
- Our DIY 2020 Art Calendar Free Printable PDF
- Yarn or thread for sewn “pictures”
- Foil stars or stickers for decoration
- A hole punch and keyring to hold your calendar together
Once you’ve printed out the calendar, simply cut along the crop lines and pass on to your kids to decorate with drawings, collages, etc!
Feel like getting *extra* creative? Here are some ideas that go beyond markers and paint:
- Paste on some found items from nature
- Recycle some old paper & collage
- Create stamped patterns with vegetables, bubble wrap, or toilet paper rolls
- Use up some scrap fabric
- Punch some holes in patterns and thread with yarn
Do your budding artists want to share their final calendars? We love seeing pics! Tag us (@barleyandbirch or #barleyandbirch) with your mini works-of-art – we can’t wait to see and share the creativity of our b & b’ers!