No products in the cart.
Pack your bags
Setup as PDF forms, these are incredibly easy to customize, but can also just be printed and filled out by hand (or laminated for reuse!). Pro tip: Use the black and white versions on colored or patterned papers/cardstocks for a colorful set of tickets & badges that don’t eat up your ink supply. Designed with the dreamy glory days of plane travel in mind, these look real enough to feel “real” without actually being confused for the REAL real things (don’t you wish our travel documents still looked like this though??).
These printables are not only a fun pretend accessory, they’re also a great way to let kids explore the process of travel (even cope with kids’ travel anxiety). If your kiddo is the type that enjoys being responsible for something or having their own very important things to hang on to, these are a perfect quick solution. And if you want to go the extra mile, print out the flight wing badge/stickers on temporary tattoo paper or glue a pin-back on for an instant set of pilot wings.
For your own play printable play tickets you’ll need:
Note: We prefer to shop locally or use what we have at home, but this list contains a few Woodpeckers Crafts and/or Amazon affiliate links for reference. As Amazon Associates we make a small commission on qualifying purchases.*
- White or colored cardstock
- Our Free Printable Plane Ticket PDF
DIY Play Printable Plane Ticket Set Instructions:
- Download the printable play plane travel set
Use the link above to download our free printable dramatic play plane travel set.
- Download and install the linked fonts (optional)
Our printable set includes links to the free fonts you can download and install to create tickets that look just like ours. Our easy form-fill tickets have been formatted with the exact fonts, sizes, and colors used in our examples. Once you’d installed the fonts, all you have to do is fill in the information!
If you’d rather *not* deal with downloading and installing fonts, simply print these out and fill in the information by hand.
- Print and play!
Print your tickets onto heavy cardstock and play or gift! Planning on using these over and over for dramatic play? You can laminate these in a self-sealing pouch (like the ones we’ve linked to above) and fill in with a dry erase marker.
Looking for some ways to turn these into a fun learning opportunity?
More ideas for plane travel learning and play…
- I adore how this family has used our printable plane tickets as part of a virtual trip around the world, incorporating lessons in culture, geography, and more!
- For younger kiddos, the ingenious Fynn over at Happy Tot Shelf has put together an amazing collection of airport and airplane learning activities.
- Pretend play setups don’t have to be ridiculously extravagant or overly complicated. This adorable play airport from The Littles and Me utilizes everyday household items as simple but effective props. Such a great way to encourage creative thinking and imagination!
- For kids who are enchanted by miniature playscapes, you can present our tickets alongside a pile of boxes and recycled items for an invitation to create a small world airport. Isn’t that setup from One Time Through chock full of creative reuses?!
We’d love to see some snaps from your imaginary trips to far-off places! Be sure to take pics and tag us (@barleyandbirch or #barleyandbirch) – we’ll share our favorite adventures on Instagram! Love this? Want to pass it on? Please, please do! Our only request is that if you repost somewhere, you include a shout-out back to us with the original link to this post instead of a direct link to the files – we appreciate it!
For more fun
*A note about affiliate links: We strive to use simple, earth-friendly supplies that can be purchased locally whenever we can, but sometimes we find the best universally available options, a rare eco-friendly find, or a niche product only available on Amazon or Woodpecker Crafts. When included in our supply list, these products are affiliate links, and if you click-through to make a purchase, we receive a small commission that helps us re-order these supplies!