No products in the cart.
Great SCOTT (Quick! Name that famous eighties Doc…)! Looking for a full week of ’80s activities and crafts? We’re bringing it to you one project at a time with wicked DIYs, rad retro art crafts, ’80s-inspired recipes, totally righteous printables, and more?! You came to the right place. Buckle up for a week of ’80s fun for the whole family…
Nothing says the ’80s like a pop-culture song & dance montage, so warm up with these classic beats + MOVES before reading on…
Our friends from ART CAMP, Oh Creative Day, and hello Moonpie contributed some bodacious 80s activities + projects and we’ve linked up to all of them below! A huge thank you to everyone who followed along, participated, and had an awesomely rad week with us – we couldn’t have (and wouldn’t have) done it without you!
PS: Stoked on the ’80s Week time travel? Grab your best grunge gear and jump a decade back to the future with us for ’90s Week!
A Big Welcome with ’80s Activities and Crafts!
We’re taking a trip down memory lane with tons of fun throwbacks and a couple of bodacious printable DIYs to get you in the ’80’s groove! This *might* be even more fun for you than it’s going to be for the kiddos!
First things first..fire up our ’80s Week Playlist on Spotify!
- Pop Rocks Punch from barley & birch
- Pop Rocks Paintings from Raising Kinley
’80s Toys and Games
You don’t have to have grown up in the ’80s to understand how iconic the toys were…and did somebody say “Double Dare..??” We’re going to help you recreate some old favs with a whole day of play!
- DIY Paint with Water Books from barley & birch
- Troll Doll Watercolor Process Art from Raising Kinley
- 8 ’80s-Inspired DIY Games (including free printables for our Pin-the-Shades on Ferris game!) from barley & birch
’80s Art, Design and Movies
The neons, pastels, Miami Vice-style sunsets, crazy patterns, and geometric shapes? The ’80s had their own definitive look and we’re going to celebrate them all with some serious arts & crafts. As if it couldn’t get better, we’re pairing them with essential eighties movies. I mean, could you just D-I-E, DIE?!?
- New Wave Collages from ART CAMP
- Memphis Style Paper Sculptures from barley & birch
- MORE ’80s Themed Movie Printable Posters from Oh Creative Day
Day 4: ’80s Books and TV
I’ll never get over ’80s TV (probably explains my intense Stranger Things obsession). The sitcom classics, the cartoons, the “very special” specials, the PSAs – we’re doing a deep dive into them all, because…the more you know…(cue a shooting star – you know what I’m talking about fellow children of the eighties…)! 😉
- An ’80s childhood favorites book list (how many do you remember?!) from barley & birch
Day 5: A Very ’80s Halloween!
How do you make Halloween MORE fun? MAKE IT AN ’80s HALLOWEEN. I mean, it’s Friday the 13th…we couldn’t have planned it better if we tried. I’m not going to share what we’re making just yet, but you should know – craftin’ makes me feel good. 😉 Yeah, you’re going to want to be sure you have a little backup for this theme day – who ya’ gonna call?
- 25 Ideas for a throwback family Halloween movie + craft night from barley & birch (so many spooky family-friendly ’80s classics in this list!)
- A Colorful PacMan Ghost Garland from ART CAMP
- Halloween Candy Ghost Favors with Ghostbuster-themed Gift Tags from Oh Creative Day
- Make your own Slimer Slime Favors – with printable ghost trap labels! from Mom Collaborative