No products in the cart.
We’re deep into autumn and as our daylight hours fade it’s always handy to have a store of simple indoor kids projects at the ready. And when it comes to throwing together a super quick crafting project with common household supplies, nothing beats the modest brown paper bag.
Save those grocery bags, stash away a pile of brown paper lunch bags, and keep the good gift bags for yourself, because I have twelve lovely autumn paper bag kids’ projects you’ll absolutely have to try…
Creative Fall Paper Bag Crafts and Art Projects for Kids
- Put a spin on the classic paper bag puppet with an adorable set of paper bag woodland animals.
- Create a cluster of paper bag mushrooms with this surprisingly simple project that combines paper bags and sticks for charming nature-inspired sculpting.
- Get nutty with these stuffed paper bag acorns (that can be filled with fall surprises for an EXTRA autumn bonus).
- Cover a tabletop with a blanket of colorfully painted sewn paper bag leaves for an artful upcycled leaf pile you’ll want to keep all fall.
- Talk about taking a paper bags to frame-worthy new heights…how gorgeous are these harvest wall hangings?
- This artsy paper bag star is a colorful kids art project you can use for use for festive fall decor and leave up through the whole holiday season.
- A pair of kid-made paper bag butterfly wings is a creative fall dress-up DIY that can double as a bold and bright homemade Halloween costume.
- Ok, so this pair of gorgeously painted upcycled owls is *actually* made with cardboard, but could absolutely be constructed out of paper bags instead. HOOOooo wouldn’t want to play with one of these beautiful birds in puppet form?
- Bring a warm glow to these chilly early evenings with a nature paper bag luminary. Collect a few autumn nature treasures then show them off with this lovely DIY.
- Show the birds who’s boss with these fun (nearly life-sized!) kid-made paper bag scarecrows.
- For a cool twist on the classic jack-o-lantern, try making your own paper bag pumpkin decorations
- Grab a grocery bag for this fun fall leaf painting activty for preschoolers.
- Build your own DIY Frankenstein treat bags for a freakishly fun Halloween invitation to play with scrap paper faces.
- A Halloween lunch bag favorite around here, our black cat paper bag luminarias make the coolest trick-or-treat decor.
- These weird and wondrous paper bag creature soft sculptures are an imaginative art project, exercise in creative repurposing, and inventive storytelling prompt all in one.
- What do you get when you mash up construction paper leftovers, a brown paper lunch bag, and a bit of Jim Henson-like puppet making inspiration? A whole host of crazy creatures for your own monster paper bag puppet show!
Shorter days mean more time for indoor play, so now is the time to stock up on ideas! For more of our fun art, craft, and play collections to keep your kids entertained inside visit our top 100 ideas for recycled dollhouses and 40 functional art projects for kids.